Mindfulness and Manifestation
May 24, 2019 – May 31, 2019
Join licensed clinical psychologist, Sharon Rafferty, PhD, for a week of mindfulness and manifestation practices in the beautiful mountains of Jamaica. Learn basic practices of yoga, meditation, pranayama and visualization while soaking in the stillness and beauty of a lush and secluded 5 acre property.
The cost of the retreat is $1500 and includes the following:
- Rustic Accommodation (shared rooms in the main house and adjacent cottage)
- Daily gourmet vegetarian meals
- Daily yoga, meditation, pranayama, visualization
- 3 hour Transformational Breath Workshop with our host, Gaia Budhai
- Round trip transportation from Montego Bay airport to Wabi Sabi Eco-Retreat (approximately 1 hour 40 minutes to the village of Bamboo Walk in St. Mary’s Parish)
- Guided hikes to the local river/waterfall
- 1-2 offsite excursions (beach/public swimming hole)
- Drumming circle and a cultural evening of Q and A with a local Rastafarian, TBD
We will be staying at Wabi Sabi, an Eco Retreat in the mountains of St. Mary’s Parish in the village of Bamboo Walk. This home is surrounded by natural beauty and village life, and away from the chaos of the city. The term Wabi Sabi is a Japanese concept that means: “The beauty of things imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete”. Wabi Sabi takes you back to your groundation of life. Things that are Wabi Sabi are unpretentious, understated, and unassuming, yet not without presence or quiet authority. By living simply, as can be done in this Wabi Sabi Home, we begin to approach the Wabi Sabi attitude in our lives.
The intention of this retreat is multifold. By the end, you should have the basic tools to begin a mindfulness practice at home. In addition, the exposure to culture in this small mountain village is meant to deepen your understanding of differences, and similarities, fostering increased compassion for yourself and others. Finally, by spending time in nature, unplugged from the technology driven culture within which we live, you will have the opportunity to truly still that inner dialogue and learn to access that same stillness in your own daily lives back home.
*Please email Dr. Rafferty here with questions and/or to set up a consultation. As this retreat is being conducted in a psychotherapeutic context, we’d like to hear about your individual needs and goals in advance. Space will be limited to 10 participants.